Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Costochondritis 2

After doing a little more reading, I think I actually have Tietze syndrome and not costochondritis. The difference according to wikipedia and other sites seems to just be whether you have swelling, and I have some swelling that seems to be controlled by the Meloxicam that the doctor prescribed. Anyway, the difference doesn't matter too much because the treatment is the same: anti-imflammatory meds and rest.

I've been taking the meloxicam for a little over two weeks now. My doctor recommended I take it for 10 days, but felt I needed more so I checked and the doc said it was ok to keep taking it. There's no doubt it helps control the pain and swelling in my sternum area. I also seemed to be recovering until today. Our office had a boat party in the afternoon, so like an idiot I went there and jumped off the boat, swam in the lake, and pushed myself harder than I should have.

So now I'm back in pain and remember what my chest felt like a couple weeks ago. I'm a pretty active person, running, tennis, yoga, swimming with the kids, etc. And I'm finding it's difficult to resist the urge to push myself and do the stuff I like to do. Hopefully by writing this I will help to remind myself to be more careful. I keep reinjuring myself and as a result I'm not healing.

So my plan today is to really try to not do anything strenuous for at least one month. The first two weeks of which I will take the remaining medicine. I'm also going to keep a log so that I have a better idea of my improvement. Without a log it can be hard to remember how I felt 1 or 2 weeks ago, and then I get frustrated because I feel like I'm not getting any better.

6 comments:

  1. Certain types of Costochondritis natural Treatment with herbs may help bring down cartilage inflammation. These natural herbs include: Noni Fruit, Arnica, Ginseng, Serrapeptase, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Natural Herbs for Costochondritis may help reduce your costochondritis-related pain and inflammation. Talk about the efficacy and safety of herbs with your doctor before using these substances.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing such wonderful knowledge! Herbal Treatment for Costochondritis may lessening your costochondritis-related pain and irritation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing such wonderful knowledge! Herbal Treatment for Costochondritis reduces pain and inflammation of the affected area.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is no secret that I have a very deep and personal relationship with God. I have pushed and resisted that relationship this past year through all the bullshit I have had to go through living with Herpes but once again, God is bigger than my stubbornness and broke through that outbreak cold sore and all I had Genital Herpes. For me personally, hearing over and over how I am not good enough has really invaded my mind in the worst way possible. I completely shut down and I was just waking up like is this how life going to end this temporary herpes outbreak “fuck everybody with herpes if you know what I mean” but let's be honest here...
    It is a cowardly to say no to herbal medicine. It is fear based. And it is dishonest to what my heart wants. Don't build a wall around yourself because you are afraid of herbals made or taking a bold step especially when it's come to health issues and getting cure. So many young men/ women tell me over and over that Dr Itua is going to scam me but I give him a try to today I feel like no one will ever convince me about herbal medicine I accept Dr Itua herbal medicine because it's cure my herpes just two weeks of drinking it and i have been living for a year and months now I experience outbreak no more, You can contact him if you need his herbal medicine for any such diseases like, Herpes, Schizophrenia,Cancer,Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva.Fatal Familial Insomnia Factor V Leiden Mutation ,Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease,Desmoplastic,Diabetes ,Coeliac disease,Creutzfeldt–Jakob,,Lyme Disease,Epilepsy, ,ALS,Hepatitis,Copd,Parkinson disease.Genetic disease,Fibrodysplasia disease,Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Men/Woman infertility, bowel disease ,Huntington's disease ,Diabetes,Fibroid. disease,Lupus,Lipoid Storage diseases( Gauchers disease),Polycystic Disease.,Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy, Ataxia,Cirrhosis of Liver,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic,HIV, Epilepsy, Infertility, Love Spell,. Email..drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com then what's app.+2348149277967.... My advice to any sick men/women out there is simple... Be Always an open book. Be gut wrenching honest about yourself, your situation, and what you are all about. Don't hold anything back. Holding back will get you nowhere...maybe a one way ticket to lonelyville and that is NOT somewhere you want to be. So my final truth...and I'm just starting to grasp this one..

    ReplyDelete
  6. FINALLY FREE FROM HERPES VIRUS
    I thought my life had nothing to offer anymore because life became meaningless to me because I had Herpes virus, the symptoms became very severe and bold and made my family run from and abandoned me so they won't get infected. I gave up everything, my hope, dreams,vision and job because the doctor told me there's no cure. I consumed so many drugs but they never cured me but hid the symptoms inside me making it worse. I was doing some research online someday when I came across testimonies of some people of how DR ADIGBA cured them from Herpes, I never believed at first and thought it was a joke but later decided to contact him on the details provided and when I messaged him we talked and he sent me his herbal medicine and told me to go for a test after two weeks. Within 7 days of medication the symptoms disappeared and when I went for a test Lo and behold I was NEGATIVE by the Doctor Who tested me earlier. Thank you DR ADIGBA because I forever owe you my life and I'll keep on telling the world about you. If you are going through same situation worry no more and contact DR ADIGBA via dradigba@gmail. com or WhatsApp him via +2348077875210. he is good too to cure all type of disease and virus.
    1 HIV cure
    2 cancer
    3 diabetes
    4 hepatitis
    5 herpes.
    You can contact if you are having any problem...

    ReplyDelete